About the Assignment
Select a client – a toy, video game, beverage, food product or consumer electronics company in the United States. You work for a marketing agency and you’ve been asked to develop a comprehensive marketing plan including !nancial projections and video presentation with appropriate visual aids for your client. Your marketing plan will focus on introduction of a new or existing product for a new target market over a 1-year time frame. Your plan must be based on accurate marketing research and market analysis information and must clearly present marketing strategies and implementation that show budget details. You have a $300,000 budget for promotional activities. It is important the client understand the rationale for your business recommendations and believe the proposed marketing strategies and implementation will be successful.
Final Project Requirements
The combined !nal project grade for the marketing plan and video presentation equals 100 points in total. The marketing plan is worth 80 points and the video presentation is valued at 20 points. Make sure to complete the marketing plan before starting the video presentation. Both parts of the project are required; both should be submitted at the same time.
https://study.com/academy/lesson/applied-marketing-assignment-marketing-plan-presentation.html 6/3/22, 3:49 PM Page 1 of 7
The comprehensive marketing plan with !nancial projections should be written as described in the course section on Developing & Evaluating a Marketing Plan. The project should be formatted as a PDF document in standard, 12-size business font with page numbers and appropriate charts and graphs including section headers as noted below. Use at least 10 outside and credible sources in APA format. List these on a Works Cited page at the end of the marketing plan.
A marketing plan is composed of front matter, 10 major sections, and a Works Cited page. The 2500- word marketing plan should include the following sections:
Title Page – Include writer name, type of report, company and submission date
Table of Contents – Page with major section headers and associated page numbers
1. Executive Summary – Is a 1 to 1.5-page summary explaining the client project, business goals, marketing plan highlights, and key recommendations
2. Introduction – This includes 4 sections: a) Business overview, current situation, and state of business, b) Mission statement that should be approximately !ve to six sentences stating the goals, function, values, and objectives of the business, c) Detailed explanation of products and services sold, and any concerns or issues the company currently faces, and 4) promotional strategies used by the !rm
3. Current Audience – Describe the group or individuals that use the client’s products and include average age, the percentage of females and males, and demographics of consumers, and motivation for purchase
4. Market Research and Analysis – This should include an industry overview (size of market, rate of growth, trends in the industry, potential opportunities) and competitive analysis including marketing review of the client company and their top 3 competitors, including a SWOT analysis, and cultural and legal regulations. Use environmental scanning tools to evaluate the external environment.
5. Product/Target Market Opportunity – Based on the market research and analysis, identify a new or existing product opportunity for a new target market. Describe in detail the product, target market selected, and why this is a !t. Explain how this !lls a customer need and has potential to signi!cantly increase revenue. Make sure to provide external resource information that supports your claims.
6. Financial Projections – Discuss the amount of money the company is currently spending and pro!ts. Project the amount of pro!t that the company anticipates in generating over the next year by implementing this marketing plan. Include a best case, break-even, and worst-case scenario.
7. Marketing Strategy – Describe the recommended marketing strategies to be utilized in the marketing plan. Consider the product opportunity, new target market, and 4 p’s in this section (price, product, placement and promotion).
https://study.com/academy/lesson/applied-marketing-assignment-marketing-plan-presentation.html 6/3/22, 3:49 PM Page 2 of 7
8. Marketing Implementation – De!ne the company’s short term promotional goals and objectives and state how the company will accomplish them. Consider di”erent IMC strategies – traditional media, advertising, social media, electronic, video and mobile in the plan.
9. IMC Campaign – Describe the company’s IMC campaign message, creative brief, and promotional budget uses. Show ad examples for the media channels to be included.
10. Evaluation – Determine which marketing metrics will be used to measure market plan performance and improve company success during the marketing implementation phase of the project. Be speci!c.
Works Cited – Page to include all research information used from articles, books, websites, and other sources in APA style
I also need a 7-10 slide presentation condensing the information.
About the Assignment Select a client – a toy, video game, beverage, food product
About the Assignment